With the recent launch of #myOLFUjourney –Our Lady of Fatima University’s series of technological advancements for a modern learning experience– one of the projects under the campaign is all set to take the quality of OLFU’s learning journey to the next level. This S.Y. 2019-2020, the University introduces CANVAS, a modern learning platform to be used as the new learning management system for faculty and students.
Canvas is a powerful global learning platform used by more than 3,000 educational institutions including top-notch universities such as Harvard University, Stanford University, and Brown University. Canvas serves as a digital avenue for education, and was made to help teachers facilitate a modern and personalized learning approach deemed most effective for their students.
Here’s how Canvas powers OLFU teachers:
1. It opens doors beyond classroom walls through mobile learning: Teaching can now be done anytime, anywhere, and on the move as Canvas serves as a flexible system that’s accessible from an individual’s phone, tablet, and/or laptop.
2. Tools for better teaching: Teachers can now have more time to focus on actual teaching because Canvas has the tools to help accomplish other teaching tasks easier and faster such as the roll-call attendance tool and the speed grader.
3. Online platform adapts to your teaching style: Canvas’ customizable feature makes it easy for teachers to bring their own teaching methods and techniques to the online platform with just a few clicks.
4. Teacher-Learner Collaboration: Canvas offers a space for online forums, channels for group discussions, and tools that will help teachers establish better rapport with students.
5. Access to learning resources: Teachers can upload modules and reading references in Canvas for students to use. This function makes reading assignments or activities readily available online. More, Canvas opens up a wealth of resource materials absolutely free for the taking.
6. Customized courses for students: In Canvas, teachers can create appropriate courses for students depending on their capability and knowledge. The system enables them to design courses that will be most suitable for student comprehension.
7. Facilitate meaningful online conversations: In this era of modern technology, reaching students online is probably the most effective and preferred means of communication. Canvas can serve as a convenient medium to send out classroom announcements and messages digitally.