OLFU G Suite for Education: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q : Who are assigned OLFU G Suite Accounts?
All officially enrolled students and employees are given their own G Suite Accounts, from SY 2018-2019 onwards
Q: Will I be charged when I use my OLFU G Suite Account?
No, the use of your OLFU G Suite Account is free. You are encouraged to use it as needed.
Q: How is my OLFU G Suite Account different from my personal Gmail Account?
Your OLFU G Suite Account provides you access to other highly useful software and utilities aside from Gmail, such as Google Drive, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, etc.
Q: Is my OLFU G Suite Account different from my Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) Account?
The OLFU G Suite Account provides Single Sign-On (SSO) functionality for easy access to your Canvas Account.
This means that you don’t have to log into Canvas separately— once you have logged into G Suite, just click the G Suite Applications briefcase, scroll down and click the Canvas icon. This automatically redirects you to your Canvas Account page.
Additional instructions on how to access Canvas are provided by the OLFU ELITE Center, which manages the OLFU Canvas Learning Management System. You may reach them via email at email@example.com
Q: Where do I find my G Suite Account? How is this assigned?
- OLFU G Suite usernames/ email addresses end with:
- To easily remember your G Suite username/ email address, take note of this naming convention:The 1st letter of your first name and middle name, then your full last name, followed by @student.fatima.edu.ph (Students) or @fatima.edu.ph (Employees).Examples:
- Wilfredo M. Dela Cruz – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Gabriel S. Santos – email@example.com
- Maria Lourdes P. Santos – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marielle D. Peña – email@example.com (The special character “ñ” is treated as a simple “n”)Special characters (e.g. -, ‘) in names, including suffixes (e.g. III, II, Jr., Sr.), are not used in the naming convention:Alfredo G. Sanita III – firstname.lastname@example.org
Josefino S. Feliciano Jr. – email@example.com
NOTE: The naming convention applies to student and employee G Suite usernames/ email addresses.
- For common names with the same initials and last names, a numeral is included in the account name generation. Examples:
- Your password is your OLFU Student Number, complete with dashes.
- Having trouble in accessing your G Suite Account? Reach out to the OLFU GMAIL ACCESS HELP DESK:
- Stay tuned for further announcements on accessing the Academic Information Management System (AIMS) – the New Student Portal replacing School Automate.