- Quezon City
College of Physical Therapy
OLFU’s College of Physical Therapy remains as one of the most distinguished Physical Therapy schools in the country, producing numerous topnotchers in the Physical Therapist Licensure Examinations of the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC). It provides first-rate education through its faculty members mainly composed of licensed physicians who have specialized in their respective fields of expertise, and registered physical therapists with master’s degrees or units that have immersed them in teaching excellence and ethical patient care.
Its modern facilities, equipment, and updated curriculum provide top-quality training and instill unequalled proficiency and performance. Furthermore, it provides training programs that expose students to a variety of clinical settings through its partnerships and affiliations with government hospitals, private hospitals, and community-based centers.
It is a four-year program with a progressive curriculum that meets international standards. The first three years include didactic lectures and laboratory experiences in the basic and professional subjects. The 4th year includes clinical and non-clinical application and practice supervised by competent clinical supervisors. OLFU also provides a comprehensive in-house board review program.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- Level III Accreditation by the FAAP (Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICAL THERAPY
The Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy is a 4-year degree program that aims to develop competencies in different practice settings through high quality, value-based patient care outcomes.
Specifically, the curriculum develops graduates who are competent, compassionate, ethical, professional, and service-oriented. It supports the OLFU academic mission of “improving man as man” by educating skilled graduate level professionals in health care and rehabilitation services. It also equips future graduates in conducting research, engaging in lifelong learning and empowering community based partnerships.
The program is composed of three (3) years of classroom instruction and one (1) year Clinical Internship Program composed of 1,600 hours of clinical exposure (inclusive of 300 hours non-clinical exposure). Students are required to pass the revalida (examination) upon completion of the internship program prior to graduation. After graduation, students are required to take the Licensure Examination given bi-annually by the Board of Physical and Occupational Therapy of the Professional Regulatory Board.
- Physical Therapist Clinicians
- Sports Trainers
- Health Counselors
Topnotcher Rankings in the Physical Therapist Licensure Examinations:
- Year 2018 | Top 5
- Year 2017 | Top 6
- Year 2016 | Top 6
- Year 2015 | Top 2, Top 10
- Year 2014 | Top 7
- Year 2011 | Top 5, Top 6
- Year 2004 | Top 5, Top 8, Top 16
- Year 2003 | Top 5, Top 9
- Year 2002 | Top 4, Top 6, Top 8, Top 9,Top 12,Top 13, Top 18
- Year 2001 | Top 2, Top 12, Top 14, Top 18
- Year 2000 | Top 1, Top 4, Top 9, Top 18
- Year 1998 | Top 2, Top 3, Top 4, Top 9, Top 10, Top 15
- Year 1997 | Top 1, Top 3,Top 4, Top 5, Top 6, Top 7, Top 9, Top 10
- Year 1995 | Top 1, Top 6
- Year 1994 | Top 6
School Performance in the Physical Therapist Licensure Examinations:
- Year 2017 | 100% passing rate for 1st Takers (Antipolo Campus)
Top 2 Performing School
- Year 2014 | 100% passing rate Overall (Antipolo Campus)
- Year 2013 | 100% passing rate Overall (Antipolo Campus)
INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS/ AFFILIATIONS
Student Exchange Program- Outbound and Inbound
- Suseong College, South Korea
- Woosong University, South Korea
- Ulsan College , South Korea
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN RESPIRATORY THERAPY
The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy program aims to produce graduates who are equipped with critical and analytical thinking skills and an enhanced knowledge in pulmonary care.
The program provides students with an intensive foundation which will enable them to effectively assess, evaluate, treat, care, and educate patients with cardiopulmonary and breathing disorders.
The practice includes:
- Administration of drugs by inhalation
- Mechanical ventilator calibration, hooking, and management
- Maintenance of airways
- Assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Performing diagnostic procedures
- Function test and blood gas extraction and analysis
Topnotcher Rankings in the Respiratory Therapist Licensure Examinations:
- Year 2018 | Top 2
- Year 2017 | Top 4, Top 6; SPLBE Middle East – Top 7, Top 8
- Year 2016 | SPLBE Middle East – Top 4, Top 6, Top 10
- Year 2015 | Top 3, Top 5, Top 9
- Year 2014 | Top 9, Top 10
- Year 2013 | Top 10