College of Maritime Education
In October 1996, the College of Maritime Education (CME) was established by Our Lady of Fatima University to provide quality education to aspiring seafarers in the CAMANAVA area and other neighboring cities and towns from Region 2 and 3.
Its degree programs, which are duly recognized by CHED and MARINA, equip future deck and engine officers with knowledge and trainings needed in the marine industry.
The College of Maritime Education’s facilities and equipment are of international standards, some of which are: a RADAR/ARPA (marine radar with automatic radar plotting aid), an ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System) room, GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System) simulators, a mock bridge with complete seamanship tools and paraphernalia, boiler systems, marine machineries, and two (2) engine room simulators.
With the aid of up-to-date facilities, combined with an excellent pool of competent professors, the CME graduates receive a well-rounded and quality education that give them a robust employment opportunities aboard international vessels such as officers-in-charge of navigational watch and engineering watch.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- Recognized as Merchant Marine Officers School by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
- Government recognition by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Level I Accreditation by the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP)
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Philippine Association of Maritime Institutions (PAMI)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MARINE TRANSPORTATION
BS in Marine Transportation is a professional program that deals with the study of navigation, cargo handling and stowage, controlling of the safe operation and care for people onboard the ship at the operational level. The course consists of a 3-year academic study and a 1-year cadetship onboard a vessel.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MARINE ENGINEERING
BS in Marine Engineering is a professional program that deals with the study of marine propulsion system and its auxiliaries, its operation and maintenance as well as controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons onboard at the operational level of marine engineering. It also deals with electrical, electronics and control engineering. The course consists of a 3-year academic study and a 1-year cadetship onboard a vessel.
Graduates of BSMT or BSME programs may find careers in, among others:
- Merchant Marine Profession (Deck and Engine Officers)
- Global Maritime Industry:
- Ship building and repair
- Ship operations and management
- Port operations and management
- Ship surveying and inspection
- Offshore industry
3. Maritime Education and Training
4. Industrial and Commercial Establishment
5. Government Career Opportunities:
- Philippine Navy
- Philippine Marines
- Philippine Coast Guard
- Philippine Ports Authority
- Maritime Industry Authority
- Armed Forces of the Philippines