No important announcement
Most Outstanding Alumni General Criteria:
1) The recipient must be a graduate of Our Lady of Fatima University, having attended at least one full year or two semesters. The award may be given to all alumni, including those who are employed and / or connected to Our Lady of Fatima University / Fatima University Medical Center.
2) The recipient should reflect honor on OLFU through his/her significant achievements in any of the three categories:
- Business (private entrepreneur / corporate world)
- Community and Public Service (law enforcement, church involvement, NGO’s, or mentoring)
- Professional (clinical, academic, or research) Moreover, the recipient must be a member of a professional or civic organization.
3) The recipient should have a strong commitment to the moral and ethical ideals of OLFU. He/she should represent the very best OLFU has to offer as a graduate. He/she must be a person whom future graduates would want to emulate, thus attracting new students and developing more graduates of the same outstanding quality.
4) Anyone can nominate the alumnus/alumna except him/herself.
5) The Outstanding Alumni Award MAY be given to voting members of the Alumni Council (comprised of Alumni Affairs Officers, representatives, and selection committee), provided that nominee/s of the said council inhibit themselves from the entire voting process.
6) The Outstanding Alumni Award may be given posthumously. If otherwise, the recipient must appear during the grand alumni homecoming to receive the award. If the awardee is unable to come due to unavoidable circumstances, an immediate family member may proxy for him/her.
7) It is ideal that the recipient for the year must come from at least one of the celebrating batches of that year. For example, for 2017, the nominees must come from at least one of the following batches: 2012 – 2007 – 2002 – 1997, 1992 so on and so forth. The Alumni Council will remain open to giving the award to very deserving alumni who are not part of the celebrating batches. This is to acknowledge that some alumni have given monumental pride to the University and deserve to be awarded at this point in time.
* The deadline for the nominations is on June 30, 2017, Friday.
** The Outstanding Alumni Award is given every grand alumni homecoming.
Nominators must complete the Alumni Nomination Form (click to fill-up forms http://www.fatima.edu.ph/nomination_form.asp or you may ask a copy from the Alumni Affairs Office, Medicine Building Room 105) and an essay on why this person deserves the nomination (minimum of 150 words). Pertinent documents, including pictures, must be attached to the nomination form and sent to the Alumni Affairs Office. The Alumni Council seeks concrete examples of the candidate’s exceptional accomplishment.
The nominator may be contacted by the Alumni Affairs Office for additional information about the nominee. If a nominee does not get the award for that year, he or she may be re-nominated every 5 years.
The Alumni Council and the Selection Committee will review each nomination and will make the necessary recommendations to the Director of Alumni Affairs and to the Board of Trustees for final approval. The review process is confidential. No member of the council is allowed to nominate an alumnus/alumna. No member of the council is allowed to interview the nominees. Once approved, the Outstanding Alumni Award shall be presented during the grand alumni homecoming.