No important announcement
Distinguished Alumni Criteria:
(For the College of Medicine)
1) The recipient must be a graduate of Our Lady of Fatima- College of Medicine. The award may be given to all alumni, including those who are employed and / or connected to Our Lady of Fatima University / Fatima University Medical Center.
2) The recipient should reflect honor on OLFU through his/her significant achievements in any of the three categories:
- Business (private entrepreneur / corporate world)
- Community and Public Service (law enforcement, church involvement, NGO’s, or mentoring)
- Professional (clinical, academic, or research). Moreover, the recipient must be a member of a professional or civic organization.
3) The recipient should have a strong commitment to the moral and ethical ideals of OLFU. He/she should represent the very best OLFU has to offer as a graduate. He/she must be a person whom future graduates would want to emulate, thus attracting new students and developing more graduates of the same outstanding quality.
4) The Distinguished Alumni Award MAY be given to voting members of the Alumni Council (comprised of Alumni Representatives and selection committee), provided that nominee/s of the said council inhibit themselves from the entire voting process.
* The deadline for the nominations and requirements is on June 9, 2017, Friday.
** The Distinguished Alumni Award will be given every grand alumni homecoming of the College of
Nominators must complete the Alumni Nomination Form (You may ask a copy from the Alumni Affairs Office, Medicine Building Room 105, Tel. no.:294-8740) and an essay on why this person deserves the nomination (minimum of 150 words). Pertinent documents/certificates, including pictures, must be attached to the nomination form and sent to the Alumni Affairs Office or you may email it at OLFUAlumni.MD@gmail.com. The Alumni Council seeks concrete examples of the candidate’s exceptional accomplishment.
The nominator may be contacted by the Alumni Affairs Office for additional information about the nominee.
The Distinguished Alumni Award may be given posthumously. The recipient may be present during the grand alumni homecoming to receive the award. If the awardee is unable to come due to unavoidable circumstances, an immediate family member may proxy for him/her. The Selection Committee will review each nomination and will make the necessary recommendations to the Director of Alumni Affairs and to the Board of Trustees for final approval. Once approved, the Most Distinguished Alumni Award shall be presented annually beginning on the 50th Year Grand Alumni Homecoming.