The Department of Basic Education (Pre-school, Grade School and High School) of Our Lady of Fatima University caters to an educational system that is “meaningful and anchored in an economic system that is strong, sustainable, progressive and people oriented.”
We nurture young children in a Christian environment that stimulates interest, involvement and action. Classroom learning is supplemented in the daily activities that strengthen social and spiritual values.
Our core beliefs are founded on the institutional objectives that we strive for:
1. Excellence – in academic performance;
2. Values – living as witness to the inculcated way of life of the school community which is basically Christian, human and Filipino;
3. Virtues – deepening of Christian God-given gifts of faith, love and dedication, furthering the formation of skills and competencies for family, community and nation building;
4. Culture – appreciation of inherent Filipino values and teachings, inherent way of life and practices, such as courtesy, respect, sincerity and dedication to family, community and country;
5. Ethics – practicing rules of conduct/moral principles set by the standard of society and of God.
Focusing on the development of “Essential Cognitive Foundations” that will build strong skills, reading comprehension, problem-solving, language and self-management are key elements in our pre-school curriculum.
Understanding the needs of young men and women to fit-in, grow confident, and be effective communicators; the academic program of the Grade School Department integrates relevant programs that will help them experience and participate in enhanced-learning student activities, technology-based workshops plus fun and active sports or games that keeps the body and mind clear and receptive to learning. The curriculum underscores correspondence in English, proficiency in Science, and expertise in Math.
The preparation of young men and women for their tertiary and future profession is our main focus in the High School Department. The Career-Integrated curriculum integrates various electives that develop their interests, skills and aptitude needed to make informed choices when they go to college and prepare for their future.
A systematic process of goal setting as early as the first year, guided self-identification of talents and competencies as well as visualizing, creating the pathways and choosing their future in the next years of their high school life are all part and parcel of the quality education we offer.