College of Arts & Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences focuses on the core disciplines of Psychology and Biology.
The College has a set of very competent faculty members and top-of-the-line facilities. We guarantee that students will be given the best educational experience possible because of the College’s diverse and innovative programs.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
The Department of Psychology, one of the most progressive departments under the College of Arts and Sciences, is dedicated to fostering high quality education in psychological science through effective instruction, research, and community service.
The curriculum provides the appropriate breadth and depth in the study of psychology. The strong practicum orientation in educational, industrial and clinical settings gives the graduates a solid preparation for the health sciences.
Affiliations and Institutional Partners
College of Psychology
• Jose Reyes Memorial Center
• National Bureau of Investigation
• Life Change
• National Center for Mental Health
• Philippine Mental Health Associaiton
• Bahay Kalinga (Gender Action Desk of the City Government of Valenzuela)
• Clinic of the Holy Spirit
• AFP Medical Dispensary - Camp Aguinaldo
• ABS - CBN Bantay Bata Foundation
• Cinderella Marketing Corporation
• Develop skills that are required by most employers such as communication, numeracy, independent learning, ability to work in team and critical thinking.
• Develop substantial teaching skills on statistics, research methodology and scientific methods.
• Can pursue career in the field of clinical, educational and industrial settings.
• Can also work in human resources, teaching, counselling, advertising and marketing.
Bachelor of Science in Biology
The mission of the Biology Program of OLFU is to prepare the learners for a career in the biological sciences that will help develop professionals in the paramedical and allied health work place. Students are trained to be actively involved in community service that could enhance their appreciation and understanding of the natural world via the use of the latest scientific tools and techniques in both the laboratory and outdoor settings.
The aim of the program is to provide exceptional trainings thru the development of intellectual skills through scientific processes that will support the University’s general education requirement in the undergraduate program. The College also aims to provide the students with a strong foundation on the investigative and scientific methods in both the industry and medical fields through the different areas of biological sciences by acquiring knowledge that employs scientific principles, basic laws and current theories of biology in order to make effective and wise decisions and adjustments; to meet the demands of life work; and to cultivate critical thinking and comprehension.
Affiliations and Institutional Partners
• Research assistants or biological laboratory technicians
• Employment in government, private or self enterprises where scientists with biological expertise are needed.
• Researcher for industrial work
• A key part in various areas in biological sciences or workplaces like zoos, hospitals, government and laboratories in tropical
rainforests to ocean depths.
• A professional academician in the field of biological sciences that caters to all levels of education.
• Engaged in biology based industries such as:Production, Preservation and sale of biological specimen, Management,Food
Science and Technology, Marketing and Bio-prospecting, Public lectures and workshops.
• Bureau of Plant Industry
• Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources
• National Museum of the Philippines
• Research Institute for Tropical Medicine
• Lung Center Research Dept for Stem Cell Research
• University of the Philippines Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
*BS Biology satisfies the requirements for admission to Medical Education
• ISO 9001:2008 Certified
• Level II Re-accredited status, Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities (ACSCU - AAI)