Our Lady of Fatima University’s leadership in education reveals itself in each of its institutions.
In 1999, the College of Dentistry garnered a 100% passing mark in the Dental Licensure Examinations. An outstanding achievement made greater by a repeat performance in 2000 when they again garnered a 100% passing rate. The pre-clinical laboratory houses full-class dental training simulation phantom units designed to help students gain full working knowledge and manual skills prior to treating live patients. The clinical operatory has provisions for fully automated professional dental chairs and delivery units for the actual management of pre-screened cases. You’ll also find an isolated operatory for the management of clinical cases with high teaching and learning values. It is equipped with a closed circuit audio-visual documenting unit that simultaneously projects actually procedures in the different lecturing and operatory areas.
Access to cutting-edge equipment and facilities gives the Fatima student a clear advantage. The College features facilities for didactic lectures, clinical seminars, pre-clinical laboratory and clinical operatory works.
The College of Dentistry implements one of the more innovative competency-based dental curriculum. The College includes curricular enrichment such as Pedagogy and Perspective in Dentistry; and is the first to offer Infection Control, Conscious Sedation and Forensic Dentistry as separate curricular offerings. A unique element of the program is the inclusion of veni-puncture exercises that allow students to acquire the competency to do intra-venous infusion of medication and sedatives. Access to cutting edge equipment and facilities give the Fatima student a clear advantage. The Colelge features facilities for didactic lectures, clinical seminars, pre-clinical laboratory and clinical operatory works.
OLFU’s College of Dentistry is recognized as the Top Performing School by PRC and has garnered 100% passing markes in the Dental Licensure Examinations in the past years. It has an ongoing 5-yr Memorandum of Agreement with the Hong Kong University Faculty of Dentistry; and an International Agreement of Cooperation with Kanagawa Dental College of Japan.
Accreditations and Achievements
- PACUCOA Accredited
- ISO 9001:2000 Accredited for Higher Educational Institution
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified Standards for Educational Institution
- Recognized as one otf the Top Performing Dental Schools for the past 14 years by the Board of Dentistry of the PRC for exemplary school board performance.
- Institutional Member of the South East Asian Association for Dental Education
- Dean Arturo De Leon, DMD, founding Dean of the College of Dentistry - Elected president of South East Asian Association for Dental Education and Philippine Dental Association
- Pre-clinical laboratory with full class dental training simulation phantom units designed to help students gain full working knowledge and manual skills
- Clinical Operatory with fully automated professional dental chairs and delivery units for the actual management of pre-screened cases
- Isolated Operatory equipped with closed circuit audio-visual documenting units that simultaneously projects actual procedures in the different lecturing and operatory areas
- Chiang Mai University, Faculty of Dentistry
- Hong Kong University, Faculty of Dentistry
- International School of Cambodia
- Kanagawa Dental College of Japan
Download Doctor of Dental Medicine Curriculum (pdf)
Download Pre-Dentistry Curriculum (pdf)