4 Year Doctor of Medicine (MD)
The Fatima College of Medicine is one of the Philippine's most distinguished centers for medical education. Constantly responding to the rapid changes in science,
technology and the social environment, Fatima fulfills its commitment to produce competent, world class medical practitioners.
It strives to create the best environment for students to master the principles and theories of medicine and obtain sufficient knowledge and experience to launch into a successful practice.
Its the first and only Philippine medical school to have an institutional clerkship program with a foreign hospital. In fact, the University has sent over 100 medical students for clerkship training at the Brooklyn Medical Center and Peninsula Hospital in New York and Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago. Thus, creating career opportunities abroad for young men and women.
In its almost more than 40 years of existence, Fatima has graduated more than 30,000 medical and allied medical health practitioners from all disciplines. Proof that makes Fatima a valuable contributor in the development of the medical and paramedical professions in the Philippines and abroad.
The Fatima College of Medicine is housed in five buildings where you'll find the school's lecture halls, seminar and conference rooms, research and teaching laboratories, classrooms, amphitheater, library facilities with audio visual monitors, administrative offices of the departments and parking space.
The College has the latest sophisticated medical laboratory equipment that meet the standards of the Board of Medical Education. Also, it has a computer laboratory equipped with internet access to facilitate research work and networking of all medical students.
All these are put in place to ensure that students have all the necessary tools for learning within their reach.
In 1979, Dr. Santos and his wife, Mrs. Juliet Olivares-Santos, a chemical engineer, pursued the vision of Mr. Olivares by constructing a modern school building and upgrading the Our Lady of Fatima Hospital to a five-storey and 150-bed tertiary hospital in preparation for the opening of the Fatima College of Medicine. In June 1979, the Fatima College of Medicine welcomed its pioneer batch of medical students with Dean Filemon T. Gozum, M.D. at the helm of the academic program. Underscoring its civic and humanitarian calling, the Fatima Medical Science Foundation Inc., established the Leonora Juzgaya Scholarship Grant, which bestows free tuition, board and lodging and textbooks to financially challenged but academically gifted medical students.
Through the years, the Our Lady of Fatima University has responded to the rapid changes in medical science and technology and the social milieu through constant modernization of its facilities and continuing development of its faculty. As a testimony to its outstanding academic program, the Fatima College of Medicine opened its doors and accommodated hundreds of foreign students across the globe. In response to the emerging need for globalization in medical education, affiliations, and clerkship trainings at the Brooklyn Hospital Center, Peninsula Hospital Center in New York, Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago, and Harbor Hospital in Baltimore, all in the United States of America; and SIN-LIU Christian Medical Center, Yuan’s General Hospital, Cathay General Hospital, Tuig’s Metro Hospital, Taichung Veteran’s Hospital, Taipei University Medical Center, and Yang Ming City Municipal Hospital in Taiwan were made.
- New Innovation comes with new Outcome-Based programs and the horizontal-vertical integration of basic subjects with clinical co-relation.
- Balance of lecture hours and clinical hours where students are exposed to real cases
- Competency based with problem oriented approach
- Traditional didactic/ Laboratory sessions are retained
- Students are given time for each subject devoted to self-directed learning activities and discussions
Accreditations and Achievements
- Fully accredited by the Association of the Philippine Medical Colleges
- Listed in the World Health Organization Geneva Recognized Medical Schools
- Fatima has an ongoing Clerkship Program with the Harbor Hospital in Baltimore and Jackson Park in Chicago, USA
- Accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education
- Accredited by the New York State Board of Education
- Recognized by the California Quality Health Assurance
- Competent Alumni placed in key hospitals in the Philippines and Abroad
- Garnering topnotchers in the Physician's Licensure Examinations Philippines (Top 2,3,4,7,9 in February 2011 PLE)